SLCUSD partners with the Morro Bay Police Department, the San Luis Obispo Police Department and the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff Department.
School Resource Officers (SROs) are stationed at both comprehensive high schools and are on call to assist all of our school sites. The primary goal of having an SRO on campus is to develop positive relationships with students and assist them with any issues they may have either at school or at home. They regularly review our safety plans and are prepared to assist in any emergency related event.
The purpose of the SLCUSD Safety Committee is to bring district employees and management together in a cooperative effort to promote safety and health in the workplace. The committee is dedicated to building a culture of safety through training, education, and policy development.
- Provide a safe and healthy educational environment for the student population
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace for each employee
- Provide a safe facility for the public
- Reduce property, liability and workers' compensation losses
- Promote awareness and focus attention on safety issues
- Provide safety communications from school/site, and from school/site to employees
- Increase employee participation in the Safety Incentive Program
- Lower the frequency and severity of accidents and injuries
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for employees, students and visitors
Safety Incentive Program
Each month, an email is sent out to all employees containing a Safety Quiz topic. Employees that answer all the questions correctly will be entered to win. The winner receives a gift card!
Employees can also nominate each other for a Caught in the Act of Safety award, where employees that were "caught" being safe are entered into a drawing to receive a prize.