San Luis Coastal Unified School District expects all individuals to wear face coverings on site.
Face coverings have been found to be very effective at limiting transmission and they are essential in times when physical distancing is difficult. Face coverings are primarily meant to protect other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not have symptoms. They have also been found to protect the wearer from others who have the virus. Face coverings are not respirators or personal protective equipment.
Use of Face Coverings
- Face coverings and distancing are not an “either/or,” but work together in schools.
- Face coverings are required of all staff, parents, students, and visitors while on buses, indoors and in densely crowded outdoor situations regardless of vaccination status.
- The school will provide face coverings if a student or staff member forgets to bring one.
- Face coverings must be worn correctly (over mouth and nose).
- Face coverings with loose weaves and those with an exhalation valve or vent are not acceptable.
For more information on Face Covering Guidelines, click here.