On Tuesday, February 16, 2020, after careful consideration and hearing from many parents, students and staff, the Board of Education approved reopening dates of March 4th for K-2, March 8th for 3-6 and, if San Luis Obispo County is in the Red tier, March 15th for Secondary.
- Elementary schools will be on an AM/PM hybrid schedule.
- Secondary schools will have in-person learning in the AM for Periods 1, 2, 3 on M and W and Periods 4, 5, 6 on T and Th, with virtual learning in the PM for the same period configuration.
- Friday is an all virtual day for all schools.
- Once reopened, schools may continue to remain open regardless of San Luis Obispo County tier assignment.
- Buses have limited seating and are prioritized for those with high risk of learning loss.
Supporting Our District Families:
- Daily meals and weekly pantry boxes will continue to be provided to students by Food Services.
- The district will coordinate with the cities of Morro Bay and San Luis Obispo as well as the YMCA and other non-profits to provide options for families and staff who require childcare.
- Small group specialty classes for specific student populations who require in-person learning and support may continue.
- Students who wish to participate in extracurricular activities may do so outside of the school day contingent on continued approval from County Public Health and the State of California.
- The Family Resource Center will continue to provide for basic needs. If you or someone you know needs assistance, please do not hesitate to contact them at 805-596-4033 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following documents are available for public viewing: