On Tuesday, November 17, 2020, after careful consideration and hearing from hundreds of parents and staff, the Board of Education approved Resolution No. 10-20-21 approving the Superintendent's Reopening Recommendation and the Distance Learning Recovery and Childcare Plan.
- Classes will begin on January 4, 2021 in Distance Learning.
- The first day of full in-person instruction will be Thursday, January 21, 2020 for all schools.
- Reopening schools is conditioned on whether San Luis Obispo County has, at the time of reopening, remained in Tier 2/Red for the previous 21 days and the District remains legally permitted to reopen.
- If these conditions are not met, the District will continue in distance learning until they are met and it's feasible to reopen.
Supporting Our District Family:
- Weekly meals will continue to be provided to students by Food Services.
- The district will coordinate with the cities of Morro Bay and San Luis Obispo as well as the YMCA and other non-profits to provide options for families and staff who require childcare beginning at the start of the year.
- We will continue to provide small group specialty classes for specific student populations who require in-person learning and support while we remain in the distance learning model. These classes will be closely monitored by district staff in partnership with the San Luis Obispo County Public Health department.
- Students who wish to participate in extracurricular activities may do so outside of the school day contingent on continued approval from County Public Health and the State of California.
- The Family Resource Center will continue to provide for basic needs. If you or someone you know needs assistance, please do not hesitate to contact them at 805-596-4033 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following documents are available for public viewing: