Skip To Main Content
2023-24 Strategic Priorities
Accelerate efforts to close achievement and opportunity gaps
- Increase achievement by 5% each year as adopted in the LCAP targeted subgroups as well as all other students, demonstrated in longitudinal data collected for all groups and reported to the board.
- Utilize a multi-tiered system of support (MTSS) to identify specific areas of need.
- Focus on the social-emotional needs of our students through a targeted system of counseling support.
- Develop and integrate hands-on, engaging lessons in the classrooms that connect surface, deep, and transfer concepts to students.
Continue to refine informative metrics to measure program and student success
- Refine the comprehensive assessment system that tracks cohorts and longitudinal data.
- Utilize YouthTruth surveys, California Healthy Kids surveys, LCAP responses, and metrics identified by Student Senators.
- Progress monitoring of DLI Programs throughout the year.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of student programs and professional development activities.
Rigorous, relevant, and engaging curriculum and academic instruction
- Continue to support the District's Dual Language Immersion programs with a focus on a K-8 continuum.
- Pilot and adopt an English Language Arts curriculum focused on early literacy.
- Support the staff through the development of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Expand access and opportunities to Career Technical Education (CTE) offerings.
Effective Stewardship of Resources
- Fiscally responsible: Maximize resources including time, talent, and finances, to advance our student success goals and determine what programs have the greatest impact.
- Manage the successful implementation and completion of Measures C and D.
- Retain, recruit, and support employees at all levels, especially in hard to fill positions.
Collaboration and Engagement
- Build community awareness around District programs, innovations, and success.
- Parent Education Series (DEI, Family Guides, Social Media Safety, Civil Dialogue, California Laws pertaining to: the Fair Act, Seth's Law, Family Life Education, etc.)
- Process and use of Prop 28 Funds for the arts.